What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or on your mobile device. They allow us to distinguish you from other users when you visit this website and to provide a personalised experience to you. Whilst some cookies are used to track your use of our website, they cannot be used to identify you personally or tell us who you are.
First and third - party cookies
- First - party cookies are set by VIVID Travel to understand and improve the experience on our website.
- Third - party cookies are set by our partners to help visitors to our website see and interact with helpful content such as videos and useful adverts provided by our partners.
Session and persistent cookies
- Session cookies only exist for the length of time that you visit our website and then vanish when you close your browser. As an example, these are used when you log in to My VIVID to remember that you are logged in as you browse around the site.
- Persistent cookies will remain after you close your web browser. An example of how these are used is once you have signed up to our newsletter, we will not continue to ask you to do so - giving a better browsing experience.
These are required to help you access secure areas such as My VIVID. Essential cookies are critical because you can’t access these services without them.
Performance and functionality cookies
These cookies ensure we can show you handy website features such as videos, customer reviews and our Live Chat function. These help to make your website browsing experience as useful as possible.
These help us understand how our website and marketing activity works, so we can provide an excellent online service for you. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand our website performance.
Advertising and targeting cookies
Advertising and targeting cookies are used to ensure that we only show you the most relevant adverts, and also so we can limit the number of adverts that you see. For example, Criteo is an advertising company who help us to show you relevant adverts based on your recent browsing behaviour on our website.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. Your browser will also allow you to delete cookies that have already been stored. The menu options for this will differ by browser and browser version:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
You are able to opt-out of Google Analytics cookies by implementing a browser add-on here.
What happens if I turn cookies off?
If you turn cookies off, during your visits to our website certain features won’t work correctly. For example, you would not be able to access your account in My VIVID if your cookies are disabled. Remember, our cookies are completely safe and do not store any unencrypted personal or confidential information about you.
Find out more
If you want to know more general information about cookies, visit this website.