Your privacy is important to us. Here you can find useful information on how your data and details are protected when you supply them to us.
We will never sell your data to anyone.
The data we hold belongs to you, not us. For as long as we hold your data we will secure it and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information.
Who we are
VIVID Travel is a privately owned and run UK company specialising in tailor-made and luxury holidays around the world. Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by VIVID Travel Ltd a company registered in England at Surrey Technology Centre, 40 Occam Road, Guildford, GU2 7YG. Registered number: 09722241.
How we collect information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as through the website, web chat, telephone, via the post or our mobile application (‘the App’). We record both inbound and outbound telephone calls for quality and training purposes.
Type of information we hold
Information that you provide to us when registering on our website, using our mobile application, filling response cards, subscribing to mailing lists, entering competitions, participating in market research and when contacting us using the methods above, including:
- Name, address, contact information including phone and email
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
- Information relating to your holiday such as reviews, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing requests
- Information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
- Information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, feedback, offers and market research.
- We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers.
- Information automatically received by us when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone including: browsing, purchase and search history. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
- The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
- Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that we use for training and quality control.
How we use your information
Your information is only used internally, except where required by us to process your booking we may pass on limited information (such as name and dietary requirements) to any person or company responsible for your travel arrangements.
Due to the nature of our business and of the internet, information and data you provide may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us. If you are submitting information or data from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) it is possible that it may be transferred outside the EEA, where data privacy regulations may differ from within the EEA.
We will use your contact details to communicate with you to help you manage your account, to fulfil our regulatory obligations (for example notify you of changes to terms and conditions), to remind you about the features and benefits of bookings yet to travel and, with your consent, tell you about other products and services which may be of interest to you – these are called marketing messages and you can change your mind about these communications at any time.
How can you access your information?
You can ask for a copy of your information by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address below. You can also ask us to change or delete any personal information previously provided. If we can we will, but sometimes we have to maintain records for legal reasons.
How long will we keep your information?
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the maintenance of your account, or to meet other legal or regulatory requirements.
How do we tell you about future changes to this policy?
Any changes we make to our policy will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer, VIVID Travel, Surrey Technology Centre, 40 Occam Road, Guildford, GU2 7YG.